Monday, October 29, 2007

Howling Good Time!

I have to admit, when Amanda first suggested we host a dog halloween party, I was a little less than enthusiastic. I have been so busy lately that the thought of doing one more thing "extra" was a little too much for me. But I agreed and Amanda ran with it. She did the decorations, the organizing, the planning, the advertising and everything else that needed to be done. And I'm very thankful. I'm not sure where she finds the time or energy but I'm glad she did because I had a GREAT time!

It was so fun to see all the dogs dressed up - some looked miserable in their costumes and others seemed to shine. Duke managed to destroy his before the party even started! We had a costume contest with prizes for the scariest, the cutest and best overall.

Buffy the vampire slayer won the scariest
(Jane was a close 2nd), Clyde won the cutest - he just suited his costume so well and Lucy the ballerina won best over all.

We had weiner dunking (of course) and Tundra was the new champion. She was in a pretty slow heat to start - none of the dogs had done it before so they weren't really sure what to do...but once Tundra figured out those were hotdogs floating in the water, there was no stopping her! We had a tricks contest - Pheonix won as he was able to roll over, say hello, weave through April's legs and play dead. We also played musical mats (sorry no photos - I must have been napping) and Sadie was the winner (we think! - it was a long day).

I also want to thank Sarah for putting together a scary music CD and helping out with the party, Amanda's mom for baking some amazing cupcakes and Amanda again for all her hard work!

Be sure to check out our Flikr site for lots more photos!

No comments: