Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Panting Cat

I've never seen a cat as playful as Edward. He just won't quit. His favorite toy is a piece of fur that has been tied to a string. He will chase that fur forever...even if he isn't rewarded by capturing it very often. I was sitting in a chair with my feet on a stool and kept swinging the toy from one side of my legs to the other. Edward would hop up on my legs and down to the ground over and over again in pursuit of the fur. When I finally let him get it, he got a good grip with his paws and then sat and panted. I have never seen a cat pant before! Needless to say, we took it a little slower after this but he still didn't want to quit. Below is a picture of him playing tug-o-war with the same piece of fur. You wouldn't believe his strength! (Sorry for the bad picture. I didn't have my good camera with me)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha - great photos Wendy. I love this site. Our cat Cedar pants quite often during/after he has a hard plays session. His favourite toys are straws.