Monday, September 24, 2007

Grand Weekend

I'll start with Friday afternoon, when we picked up Chewy. She did really well, she wasn't pregnant and had never gone into heat. Phew! She must have just been putting on a little weight from a steady diet of good food. She was pretty dopey after the operation as you can tell from these photos.


Then Saturday was the grand opening. I had a lot of fun and I hope everyone who came did too! It was nice just to chat and mingle with all of you and the demo put on by Go! Dog! Go! was great. It is amazing that so many different breeds can excel at agility. I want to thank Amanda and her dad Jim, for all their help setting up, her mom, aunt and grandma for all the amazing baking (that we'll be eating for many days to come), Mark and Marlin for their skills at the BBQ and all the Go! Dog! Go! people for putting on an awesome show.

Sunday was the Go! Dog! Go! Birthday Bash - they just turned two! It was a blast. Coulee competed in the wiener dunking contest and the relays but skipped out on the musical mats - I had to DJ the event but in truth Coulee is not great at musical mats anyway - it involves too much work and not enough food. Sadie won the wiener eating contest - she actually beat the reining champion Jane who had never lost a match. Coulee was runner up but she was no competition for Sadie.

While proofing the post, I just noticed that the picture I posted of Sadie includes Perkins - a wiener dog. It really wasn't intended as a pun but never-the-less, maybe I should clarify the contest - she was bobbing for hotdogs not wiener dogs. :)


And last but not least I got to meet three new clients this weekend - Ruby an English Bulldog, Barley a Golden Retriever and Oliver the cat. What a lot of fun those three were! I really wanted to get some pictures of them but I planned to take photos on Sunday and it was raining. I guess you'll all just have to wait until next time.

No comments: