Monday, October 20, 2008

Howl-O-Ween Party


The 2nd Annual Howl-O-Ween party is this weekend and I think some people have already started practicing their wiener dunking. There will be some pretty stiff competition. Jane, a jack russell terrier was the reining champion for years, but last year Sadie a fox terrier actually managed to beat her. I have to say Coulee has also given them a run for their money (so much so, she hacked for 2 days from straining on her collar trying to get at the wieners when it wasn't her turn - and I'm not exaggerating. I recommend using a harness if your dog is a little wiener crazy - less damage to the neck!). While it is fun to watch the dogs gobble the wieners down, sometimes it is even funnier to watch the dogs who absolutely refuse to put their face in a bowl of water. Check out Sarah's blog (with Jane) to see some photos from last year's competition.

If you haven't already done so and are planning to attend, please send us an e-mail so we know to expect you.

1 comment:

Deirdre said...

What if our dogs don't have costumes? Can we still come? Actually I guess Jetta does wear a tux all the time...ha ha (lame, I know).