Thursday, March 13, 2008

Toy Review

We've tried and tested many toys at the daycare. If there is stuffing inside, it is guaranteed not to last. If there is a squeaker inside, it is guaranteed not to last. If it is a tennis ball, it is guaranteed not to last. Does anything last? Yes! So far we've had success with the Rogz bones. The bigger one has survived but the medium one did not - probably because it is made for dogs smaller than those who were playing with it.

We've also found that the Busy Buddy Footballs have really lasted but only the black ones which are the extra strong ones.

Soon we are going to have some Hucks and Hurleys from West Paw Design for the daycare dogs to play with and we will also have some for sale. Amanda has had a Hurley for her dogs and it was lost before it was ruined! :) They are guaranteed just like the Lupine Collars and Leashes that we sell. We like guaranteed items because we know how destructive dogs can be!

4 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

I should mention that none of these toys hold a candle to "baby Cuz" (according to Coulee anyway) but she isn't very destructive to her toys - all the ones mentioned in the post are durable. Coulee is as obssessive as always with the Cuz and when my husband crawled into bed last night he found baby Cuz under the blankets. I had to hide it from Coulee so she'd go to sleep and it was the only place I could think of without getting out of bed. :)

K9-CRAZY said...

Great review! I'm always looking for new toys that last and are safe, I've never bought a Rogz bone before.

I used to work at a kennel full of kong destroying labs, some of those dogs could rip one apart in minutes. Would you say the Rogz toys are tougher?

For my dogs the black kongs are still on the top of my list.

Our Busy Buddy purple squirrel is awesome, so is our black football shaped one.

Orbees are surprisingly strong if you need a ball to throw, and the dogs love the squishiness of them. (mine are now missing the continents but are otherwise in good shape.)
But... the bounce on these scare me since I have dogs that leap through the air after them and I cringe each time as I envision broken bones or torn cruciates. So far the landings have been safe but I've been lucky, so I don't play with them often.

Paws on the Run said...

Rogz are not stronger than Kongs - I would still say those are the best out there. The Rogz bone is more flexible than the Kong rubber.
We haven't tried the Planet Dog Orbees yet but we did have their holiday lightbulbs (3 out of 5 chompers) and they did not survive the heavy chewers but now that the end has been ripped off, the bulb part seems to be surviving. I know all the round products from Planet Dog are 5 out of 5 chompers so it is good to know they last too. I really wanted some snowballs this winter but the canadian distributor sold out really quickly so we got some bulbs instead.

Anonymous said...

Cool toys and great review. Let me know when you get stock as I'm sure to buy.