Sunday, February 3, 2008

Big Changes

Hopefully most of you have received the e-mail I sent out earlier today...we will no longer be offering pet sitting and dog walking services. It was a very hard decision for me to make, but it had to be done or I was going to burn out. I've shed lots of tears over the decision but I have to admit I'm also looking forward to having a few more days off. I used to camp and hike a lot and we only managed one 3 day camping trip all last summer. The daycare will still keep me busy but the hours should be a little more manageable and predictable.

Speaking of the daycare, we are going to be expanding our play space by more than 500 square feet. We are really excited as this will bring our indoor area to almost 3,000 square feet of actual play area. Our original plans had a stove (for baking biscuits) and more dog runs that we've decided we don't need, so we are going to take the entire space surrounding the "small dog area" and make it play space. I've ordered the rubber matting and it should arrive in about a month. This will allow us to accept more dogs and give all of them the chance to really run around.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I am so happy that you are so successful. But so sad that we have lost our trusty pet sitter. Cricket, Jetta and Cedar will miss you. You and hubby will have to come over for a visit just so that the animals don't miss you too much. Way to go Wendy, you are just too good!

Sarah said...

Jane also says she will miss her walks with you, she is wondering if perhaps you could build her a VIP suite at the daycare, with a couch, TV, heated blanket overlooking the "dogs" in the daycare.

She also requests that she must watch Ellen, Family Guy and CSI when at all opssible.

Seriously though, change is good!

Congrats on your successes!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Garret is heartbroken since he loves you so much, but we're all happy for your success! Congratulations, Wendy!

Renee, Chris, and Garret :)