Monday, January 7, 2008

Not my weekend

My weekend did not start off well. At my very first house I managed to lock all my client keys inside the house. I had locked the door knob and as I was shutting the door, I was wondering where the keys were so I could lock the bolt...too late I realized they were not in my pocket or in my bag. They were in fact on the floor under two collars and leashes which is why I didn't notice them when I was leaving. Thankfully a locksmith was able to arrive in 20 minutes - which gave me enough time to go and get a Starbucks.

The rest of the weekend went fairly smoothly until last night. I went out on my evening rounds and at the first house, I put my car keys in my bag, took the client keys out, decided I didn't need my bag for the quick cat visit so just grabbed a plastic garbage bag for the litter and went into the house. Did you spot my error? I didn't, until I tried to get back in the van. This time it was my knight in shining pajama pants (aka Husband) that came to save me. He unlocked the van, went back home and I went off to visit more pets.

Let's hope I've learned my lesson to be more careful with my keys...all my keys.

No comments: