Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sad, Sad Day

My camera has died. Dead beyond recovery. Not because it is broken beyond repair but because no one will fix it. Apparently it is from the "black" or "grey" market. i.e. Despite it's good looks, and good pictures, my Canon Digital Rebel, isn't really a Canon. It is a no-name knock-off. So Canon can't fix it because it isn't theirs. :( I'm really sad. We literally take more than 100 pictures a day. I bought the camera off a friend who I am sure had no idea they had been scammed. I need to go home and see if I can find the original receipt but even if I do, it is buyer beware. So even if it was bought at a legitimate store, I'm out of luck. So if you are buying electronics this Christmas, be sure to look for a serial number - they should all have one.

No comments: